Hi there, I'm Georgie. Originally from the UK, I have lived in Seattle since 2004, having moved with my husband and two daughters, four and a newborn. It was a crazy time, but we never looked back!
When my kids were young, I wanted to be there for them but also knew I needed something outside my role as a mother. I have always used my innate skills as a great listener, nurturer, and empath in everything I do, and it was natural to seek out fulfilling work that would use these skills.
In my twelve years welcoming clients into my reflexology practice, they always felt embraced, heard and I would intuitively know what would help them.
For many years I answered my calling as a birth doula. I helped women and couples through the transition to parenthood as they stepped over the threshold of what went before, and into the unknown of birth and parenting. A new and different life. Starting with the challenges of birth, supporting them to navigate the unknown.
After many long births and hours on call, it was time for me to move away from birth work. It was a natural transition into coaching.
Now I see the work I do with individuals and couples as going through the other end of this cycle of parenthood—the transition to their new lives where their children have flown the nest. Again what went before; the busy hustle and bustle of family life, putting everyone's needs before their own, the constant being needed, all changes as you step over this new threshold of life.
Now the future is uncertain, and many don't know what comes next. It's almost unimaginable to have so much free time and to be able to choose what to do with it!
In a blink of an eye, my babies, whom I seem to have birthed only yesterday, are independent and taking their unique gifts into the world. I have learned to let go over the years as they gradually became more independent and didn't need me as much.
Now I have time to put into what I love to do; to nurture others to overcome health concerns, reach goals they never thought possible, and live their life in a way that brings them joy.
I love to learn...
I love to learn about new things. If something interests me, I am a knowledge sponge, reflexology, shamanism, aromatherapy, nutrition, birth, energy work, healing, mindfulness, a plethora of health-related interests; the list goes on. I love it when a client hesitantly brings up a subject, expecting to have to explain what it is, and I can say, "Yes, I know a little about that," and then they can use their time to focus on themselves. It makes a huge difference in our sessions.
My husband and I love the freedom of traveling outside school vacation times. I enjoy paddleboarding and kayaking in summer, skiing and snowshoeing in winter. I love to be in nature with my dog, get my hands dirty in the garden, practice yoga, and play strategic board games with my husband and friends. Still, ultimately, I am a homebody and am the happiest curling up with a good murder mystery novel and a warm puppy on my lap.
Coaching Certifications and Experience
- Guiding Mindful Change - NBHWC Exam Prep Program Facilitator (2023 to present)
- National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC), National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching (2021)
- Gottman Institute –7 Principles for Making Marriage Work Leader (2021)
- Guiding Mindful Change – Coach Certification Program Instructor (2021 to present)
- Guiding Mindful Change – Certified Mindful Change Coach (2019)
- Institute for Life Coach Training – Coaching with Metaphors (2019)
- Institute for Life Coach Training – Mind-Body Coaching Tools for Wellness (2018)
2008 - 2015
- Gottman Institute – Bringing Baby Home Educator (2015)
- Birthing from Within Advanced Mentor (2015)
- DONA International – Certified Birth Doula (CD DONA) (2014)
- Marie Manucheri – Reiki Master (2012)
- American Reflexology Certification Board – National Board Certified Reflexologist (NBCR) (2009)
- Seattle Reflexology and Massage Centre – Certified Reflexologist (2008)